Showing all 3 results
Upgrade your workspace with Rapoo’s smooth fabric-laden mousepads. Mousepads often go unnoticed but can significantly enhance the gaming experience and complement the optical or laser technology of the modern-day mouse. Get supremely comfortable with high-precision mouse movements with the help of mousepads.
Benefits Of MousepadsMousepads play an instrumental role in a smooth desktop browsing experience.
Greater ComfortAlthough the modern-day technology of an optical mouse may provide smooth movement across any surface, mousepads can scale the comfort factor to all new levels. Besides, it eliminates the stiffness of the hands and wrist arising from using the mouse for long hours. Mouse pads can be extremely helpful in preventing carpal tunnel syndrome due to cushions at the bottom that elevate your wrist to fit a more natural angle.
Enhanced Quality of Gaming ExperienceA gaming mousepad is essential if you are an avid gamer relying on quick and precise mouse movements. A mousepad doesn’t have even the slightest inadequacy compared to your desk surface, thus giving smooth and uninterrupted mouse movements.
Appealing AestheticsAn attractive workstation equipped with the necessary accessories makes you feel good and increases the odds of being more efficient. Besides, Rapoo’s anti-skid fabric mousepads are dirt and wear-resistant, also easy to clean.
Increase Shelf LifeDragging the mouse across the same desk surface will eventually lead to wearing out of the mouse. It can also cause slight scratches on the part of the surface where the mouse is used. However, a mousepad's smooth, fabric-based surface prevents the wearing out of the mouse and maintains its accuracy for a prolonged period.
Types Of MousepadsThere are four fundamental types of mousepads.
Textured MousepadIt is the most commonly used mousepad in fabric, rubber, silicone, plastic and other materials. The fabric layer provides the perfect surface for the mouse to move on and a small cushion at the bottom to support the wrist of the user.
Ergonomic MousepadIt is a more natural fit for the hands and wrists of the user. Ergonomic mousepads have carefully placed supportive padding and a natural design that reduces stress on your wrist muscles. It helps prevent repetitive strain injury due to incorrect wrist position while using the mouse without a mousepad for long hours.
Gaming MousepadCompared to Ergonomic and Textured mousepads, Gaming mousepads have a large surface area, improved sensitivity, and a non-slip bottom surface. You can place the mouse and keyboard together on a gaming mousepad. You can also personalise your gaming space with various edgy designs of a gaming mousepad.
Wireless Charging MousepadThis mousepad type is compatible only with a wireless mouse and can charge the mouse while using it. The innovative design eliminates the need for manual charging of the mouse.
How To Choose Mousepads?There are several factors to consider when choosing your ideal mousepad.
1. SizeYou don’t want to end up with a mousepad that is either too large or too small. A small mousepad will be frustrating, while a large mousepad can occupy too much space on your desk. Have a clear idea of the space where you plan to keep your mouse pad, and then choose the mousepad of the appropriate size.
2. Hard Or Soft SurfaceDepending on your purpose of use, you can decide if you want to buy a hard or soft surface mousepad. Gamers or creative professionals who require a lot of swift or large sweeping movements prefer hard mouse pads. If your work demands that you spend long hours in front of the computer screen, soft mouse pads might fit you, providing a more comfortable experience.
3. ResistanceAn essential feature of a mousepad is its slip resistance. Rapoo’s extra-large and wireless charging mousepad has an anti-skid bottom design and a textured bottom that prevents it from slipping around while you use it. Besides, look for a water-resistant mousepad so it doesn’t get ruined if liquid spills on the mousepad.
4. ThicknessThe thickness of a mousepad heavily influences the fluidity of performance. Depending on your preferences for flexibility and smooth experience, you can select from a thin-based or thick mousepad respectively. There are 3 variations of mousepads based on their thickness.
- Thin (2-2.5mm)
- Medium (3-3.5mm)
- Heavy (5mm+)
5. AestheticsConsidering the looks of the mousepad is crucial before deciding to buy one since it will be a part of your workspace. If you are a professional, you may require a mousepad with a minimalistic design, whereas a gamer might look for something dark and edgy.
How Are Mousepads Made?Mousepads can be made from polyester, rubber, fabric, leather, plastic, etc.
- Sheets of the chosen material are placed on giant rollers. It allows for a higher volume of mouse pads at a faster rate.
- The material is measured, and care is taken that all mousepads are of a uniform size. The typical mouse pad size is about 7.5” x 7.5”.
- The material is cut using a die-cutting machine to give the desired shape to the mousepad. The shape could be a circle, square or some other unique print.
- Lower-density rubber composite is bonded to the bottom of the mousepads. Rubber is a strong, resilient material resistant to tears and abrasions.
- A custom design is then added to the front of a mousepad. Lasers on inkjet printers are used to imprint the design onto the surface.
- Finally, once the mousepad is ready, it is checked for quality. The quality control team verifies that the design is clean and crisp and has no loose threads in the mousepad.